Why I Blog

Why do I blog?

To be honest, this is sort of a new thing for me, something I began on my own as a fun outlet besides just writing my ideas on a computer or in a notebook. I love outreach, love teaching discussion-led groups, and I love reading fun trivia online, on many subjects. I enjoy using Facebook and Pinterest as ways to share uplifting messages, and then one day I thought: why not start a blog?

My journey began with a multimedia class for my technical writing minor, where I learned how to create a website. I thought that it was such a cool idea that I wanted to make one not just for a class, but also for others to interact with. The problem is, sites and blogs cost money to make and connect to a domain. But Blogger (thanks you Google) was free!

And so, my plethora of typed opinions and poetry began, free for all to see and smile at. 

But what is the point of blogging for me? Why even act on that interest?

As I said, I want to be uplifting to others in my life (easier said than done). I also like to teach others about topics through my writing and through discussions (also easier said than done). My goal was to create a community, a place where you could suggest tips and ideas and feel comfortable, while reading posts that made life a little less stressful each day. I also love to write creatively, and I decided that, while opinion posts are fine, a little bit of poetry every so often never hurt. 

So, welcome to Free Verse.

Why the title, you may ask? Is it some sort of political analogy? No. While freedom does play into the title, and while freedom is a right, I used this title as a play on the poetry form. Many poets will write in unstructured ways and although the liens may rhyme or have rhythm, there will be no structured way to their writing. So the title is more of a play on my creative side. 

I hope you enjoy my little space designed for fun, inspiration, and ideas. I encourage every one of you to find a space where you can be you, just the way you are. You never know how you will inspire someone else.


God bless! Jeremiah 29:11

--KatG

Comments